Pages

Friday, January 10, 2014

Butter Lettuce Wrapped Tacos

Ryan and I are changing our eating habits.  We aren't notoriously poor eaters, but we have our bad habits.  I have a sweet tooth and love my dark chocolate.  Ryan loves his beer.  Those two loves have not been in our lives since Monday morning bright and early.  We eat eggs for breakfast, 2 pieces of fruit and two dairy products (I opt for coconut/almond milk) before 2pm, unlimited lean protein and unlimited vegetables.  We also drink lots of water and green tea.  Since it's been a little chilly, we have been drinking hot green tea.  I know this diet sounds pretty intense, but it's not that bad (for me).  I eat fairly similar to this on a daily basis, but my husband does not.  Let's just say he is not enjoying it.  We are loosing weight though.  I am down a little over 4 lbs and he is down a little over 5 lbs.  I doubt I will lose much more because I'm close to my natural/healthy/comfortable weight. 

Being on a diet like this makes us be creative in how we see foods and especially how we make dinner, well how my husband makes dinner.  I work longer hours and don't enjoy cooking nearly as much as he does, so he is the resident chef.  Last night he made Pulled Chicken Tacos in Butter Lettuce Wraps!  Oh my heavens!  They were amazing!  

Ingredients:
  • Chicken breast
  • Black or Pinto Beans
  • Avocado
  • Lime
  • Jalapeno Pepper
  • Onion
  • Tomato
  • Garlic
  • Butter Leaf Lettuce
  • Salsa
  • Salt & Pepper
Recipe:
  • Slow cook chicken breast & pull apart (we used leftovers from another meal)
  • Prepare guacamole using avocado, lime, garlic (minced), salt and pepper
    • Chop & mash avocado
    • Juice half lime
    • Mince garlic
    • Mix together
  • Prepare Pico de Gallo
    • Finely chop Onion, Tomato, and Jalapeno & mix
  • Cook beans on stove top until mushy
    • Smash with back of fork
    • Add salt to taste
  • Rinse Butter Leaf Lettuce and pat dry
  • Serve
    • In lettuce leaf, put beans, guacamole, chicken, pico, salsa (your choice)
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!